More than 60 companies are scheduled to attend the University of Nebraska at Kearney Spring Career Fair on Thursday, Feb. 21.
The Spring Career Fair is sponsored by the UNK Office of Academic and Career Services and will take place between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. in the Ponderosa Room of the Nebraskan Student Union. The Buckle, Inc. is the employer partner for the event, and the Crete Carrier Corporation is the event sponsor.
Booths will be set up and will provide information about each company that is registered for the fair. Students will also have an opportunity to learn about potential part-time or full-time employment, as well as internship opportunities.
Before the fair takes place, there will be an employer panel discussion on Wednesday, Feb. 13, at 3:30 p.m. in the Sisler Room of the Student Affairs Building. During this time, students can attend to receive tips and strategies for a successful experience.
Another opportunity for students to prepare will take place Monday, Feb. 18, at 11:15 a.m. in the Ockinga Conference Room. Academic & Career Service staff will present information to assist students in preparation for the fair.
Among the companies are international businesses such as SCORR Marketing, and a number of educational institutions, such as UNK College of Business & Technology and Emporia State University, will be available to give information about graduate schools.
Students may attend the career fair without registering, but to get the most out of the experience and to receive assistance from UNK Academic and Career Services, register with loperCAREERS at www.unk.edu/offices/ACS/Employment_Links/loperCAREERS_/_On-Campus_Interviews.
Among the businesses and educational institutions scheduled to attend are:
3. Allmand Bros., Inc.
4. Ameritas Financial Services
5. Baldwin Filters
6. Beckhauer Construction, Inc.
7. Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies
8. Buckle, Inc.
9. C & A Industries
10. CHI-NE/Good Samaritan Hospital
11. CPI Qualified Plan Consultants
12. Case New Holland
13. Cleveland Chiropractic College
14. Consolidated Electrical Distributors
15. Contryman Associates, P.C.
16. Crete Carrier Corporation
17. Discover Phillips Co. Economic Development
18. Emporia State University
19. Enterprise Rent a Car
20. First State Bank
21 GIX Logistics, Inc.
23. Great Lake Aviation
24. Great Plains Regional Medical Center
25. Hastings Entertainment
27. HUMANeX Ventures
28. IdeaBank Marketing
30. Marine Corps Officer Programs
31. Mutual of Omaha
32. National Research Corporation
33. Nebraska Book Company
34. Nebraska Families Collaborative
35. Nebraska Farm Service Agency
36. Northwestern Mutual
37. Oasis Counseling International
38. Orthman Manufacturing
39. Parker Hannifin
40. Peace Corps
41. Saint Francis Community Services
42. Sandhills Publishing
43. SCORR Marketing
44. Simon Contractors
45. Southwestern Advantage
46. TQL - Total Quality Logistics
47. TSL Companies
48. The Sherwin Williams Company
49. UNK Business & Technology
50. UNK Counseling & School Psychology
51. UNK Financial Aid
52. UNK Graduate Studies & Research
53. UNMC College of Public Health
54. UNMC/MD-PhD Scholars Program
55. US Army
56. Valley Medical Management Services
57. Verizon Wireless
58. Waddell & Reed, Inc.
59. Wells Fargo Bank
60. Werner Enterprises